Roofing Contractors Insurance in Wisconsin
What is Roofing Contractors Insurance?
Wisconsin roofing contractor’s insurance is general liability insurance. It is a very important part of your roofing business and is normally the first insurance policy you will buy. It is the core insurance policy for your Wisconsin roofing company.
General liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage claims presented by third parties. There are several different limits of liability coverage, like $300,000/$600,000, $500,000/$1,000,000 and $1,000,000/$2,000,000, which is most common and highly recommended. Many roofers will carry a commercial umbrella which goes over and above the general liability and some other coverages. There can also be a property damage deductible.
This means you would pay the first say, $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 if you were to be damaged something “other than” what you are were working on. This should be taken into considered before purchasing your roofing insurance policy. General liability insurance covers your premises, products, operations and completed operation (once your work is done). Feel free to click here if a more detailed definition of general liability insurance is needed:
How much does Roofing Insurance cost in Wisconsin?
Being independent insurance advisors, we believe shopping multiple Wisconsin insurance companies (for maximum savings). Also, working with an experienced contractor’s insurance agent is key to finding low cost rates for roofer’s business insurance. Wisconsin roofing contractors might expect to pay $2.200 and up per year for a start up with one active owner. I you also do gutter, siding and carpentry work, this can be considered in trying to lower your price. The roofing insurance is rated using payroll and sub-contractor costs or gross annual sales. So, basically the more you do or the bigger you are, the more the insurance premium each year. If you have been in business awhile, then having a good claims history (loss runs/loss history) can have a positive or negative effect on your roofing business insurance premiums. Insurance companies also audit your operations/books, and this helps keep the rates fair for everyone. The insurance company is looking for sales, payroll, number of owners and a portion of your tax returns.
Here are some tips on handling & purchasing Roofers Insurance in Wisconsin?
- Roofing companies should do business with an insurance agency that are contractor insurance pros. Most insurance agents always want to sell you policy, but is it the right one for your business, best for your needs now and in the future? Our office specializes in contractor’s insurance and will help you make the best choice for your roofing contractor’s business. An experienced insurance agent that works with contractor’s insurance everyday makes the difference.
- We offer you a choice. Working with multiple companies and shopping the insurance market, offering you the best combination of price, coverage and claims service. Roofing contractors’ insurance / roofer’s general liability insurance can be difficult to find, especially if you are new roofing business in Wisconsin.
- Only do business with insured roofing sub-contractors. Wisconsin insurance companies don’t want you work with uninsured roofing sub-contractors. The rate for an insured sub-contractor is 1/10th the rate of an uninsured one. Why are they rated? You can be drawn into a claim because you are the general contractor, that’s what attorneys do. Defense cost is a common expense.
- Have a written contract signed and certificates in hand for all sub-contractors BEFORE they start working. The contract should include a hold harmless agreement and specific roofing insurance requirements. Some typical insurance requirements are: additional insured, waiver of subrogation, go going and completed operations, primary / non-contributory language, per project, commercial auto coverage, workers compensation coverage (even if you don’t have employees), a commercial umbrella policy, to name a few.
- Your agent should be able to assist you with covering your tools and equipment.
- Know if the policy you are buying has an open roof exclusion.
- Your insurance agent should be familiar with the roofing insurance audit process and even double check things for you, so you are not over charged.
- An experienced roofing contractor’s insurance with help explain things, making it an easy process. You don’t handle insurance every day, but we do and have your best interests at heart.
Let us compare your Wisconsin Roofing Contractors Insurance with multiple companies and help you choose wisely.
Our goal is protecting your roofing business in Wisconsin, then we save you time and some money. We do this by shopping multiple Wisconsin contractor insurance companies to find you the very best protection and extremely low insurance rates. By bring multiple insurance quotes/options to the table, giving you a choice in roofing insurance programs. Helping you customize a roofing business insurance plan that is not only cost effective, but right for your growing Wisconsin business.
Contact Us for a Quote
We are ready to discuss your roofing insurance and know we can help. You know the WI roofing business and we know Wisconsin contractor’s insurance.
If you are looking for roofer’s insurance in Wisconsin, you came to the right place. We cover commercial and residential roofing contractors statewide! Read our BIO, then just pick up your phone or complete our quick quote form to the right. We promise to make it easy, fast and extremely affordable.