Plumbing Contractors Insurance in Wisconsin
What is Plumbing Contractors Insurance?
Plumbing contractor’s insurance is general liability insurance. It is a very important part of your builder’s insurance program and is normally the first insurance policy you will buy. It is the primary or core insurance policy for your Wisconsin plumbing business. General liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage claims presented by third parties. There are several different limits of liability coverage, like $300,000/$600,000, $500,000/$1,000,000 and $1,000,000/$2,000,000, which is most common and highly recommended. Many master plumbers will carry a commercial umbrella which goes over and above the general liability and some other coverages. There can also be a property damage deductible. This means you would pay the first say, $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000 if you were to be damaged something “other than” what you are were working on. This should be taken into considered before purchasing your plumbing general liability insurance policy. General liability insurance covers your premises, products, operations and completed operation (once your work is done). Feel free to click here if a more detailed definition on general liability insurance:
How much does Plumbing Insurance cost in Wisconsin?
Being an independent insurance agency and independent insurance advisors, we believe shopping multiple Wisconsin insurance companies (for maximum savings). Also, working with an experienced contractor’s insurance agent is key to finding low cost rates for plumbing business insurance. Wisconsin plumbing contractors might expect to pay $950 and up per year for a start up with one active owner. The insurance is rated using payroll and sub-contractor costs or gross sales. So, basically the more you do or the bigger you are, the more the insurance premium each year. If you have been in business awhile, then having a good claims history (loss runs/loss history) can have a positive or negative effect on your plumbing business insurance premiums. Insurance companies also audit your operations/books, and this keeps the rates fair for everyone. They are looking for sales, payroll, number of owners and a portion of your taxes.
Here are some tips on handling & purchasing Plumbers Insurance in Wisconsin?
- Plumbing companies should do business with an agency that are contractor insurance pros. Most agents want to sell you policy, but is it the right one, best for your needs now and in the future? Our office specializes in contractor’s insurance and will help you make the best choice for your plumbing contractor’s business. An experienced insurance agent makes the difference.
- We offer you a choice. Working with multiple companies and shopping the insurance market, offering you the best combination of price, coverage and claims service. Plumbing contractors’ insurance / plumber’s general liability insurance can be difficult to find, especially if you are new plumbing business in Wisconsin.
- Only do business with insured sub-contractors. Wisconsin insurance companies don’t want you work with uninsured sub-contractors. The rate for an insured sub-contractor is 1/10th the rate of an uninsured one. Why are they rated? You can be drawn into a claim because you are the general contractor, that’s what attorneys do. Defense cost is a common expense.
- Have a written contract signed and certificates in hand for all sub-contractors BEFORE they start working. The contract should include a hold harmless agreement and specific insurance requirements. Some typical insurance requirements are: additional insured, waiver of subrogation, go going and completed operations, primary / non-contributory language, per project, commercial auto coverage, workers compensation coverage (even if you don’t have employees), a commercial umbrella policy, to name just a few.
- Your agent should be able to assist you with covering your tools and equipment.
- Having your Master Plumbers Performance Bond and general liability with the same agency is ideal.
- Your insurance agent should be familiar with the audit process and even double check things for you, so you are not over charged.
- An experienced plumbing contractor’s insurance with help explain things, making it an easy process. You don’t handle insurance every day, but we do and have your best interests at heart.
Let us compare your Wisconsin Master Plumber Insurance with multiple companies and help you choose wisely.
Our goal is protecting your plumbing business in Wisconsin, then we save you time and some money. We do this by shopping multiple Wisconsin contractor insurance companies to find you the very best protection and very affordable insurance rates. By bring multiple options to the table, giving you a choice in plumbing insurance programs. Helping you customize a plumbing business insurance plan that is not only cost effective, but right for your growing Wisconsin business.
Contact Us for a Quote
We are ready to discuss your plumbing business’s insurance and know we can help. You know the WI plumbing business and we know Wisconsin contractor’s insurance. If you are looking for plumber’s insurance in Wisconsin, you came to the right place. We cover commercial/residential plumbing contractors and master plumbers statewide! Read our BIO, then just pick up your phone or complete our quick quote form to the right. We promise to make it easy, fast and extremely affordable.